Monday, April 25, 2011

Reuben #1 - Red Rock Brewing Company


This weekend I had huge success in the Search for the Perfect Reuben. The delicious sandwich was at Red Rock Brewing Company in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have to rate this at least in the top 5 best Reubens I've had so far in my search.

You can see from the picture that the bread claimed to be a rye bread, but was not the typical marbled rye. One thing that was different about this sandwich was that the bread was lightly fried, like it usually is on a grilled cheese sandwich. This was a huge plus since sometimes the bread can be too hard around the edges.

Another thing great thing about this sandwich was that it tasted really fresh and not too heavy. I think that probably comes from the fact that Red Rock Brewing Company makes their own corned beef and sauerkraut in house, both of which were delicious and tasted fresh.

The only complaint I have about the sandwich was that it didn't have quite as much zing as some others I've tried recently. If the sauce had been a bit more flavorful, this may have been the Perfect Reuben Sandwich.


No comments:

Post a Comment